New Update: PE4PW Computer Based Training Instructions
July 12, 2017
An amended NewsFlash article published on May 8, 2017, titled Correction: PE4PW Computer Based Training Instructions Revised contained corrective actions for providers to perform in the Medi-Cal Learning Portal (MLP).
A recent update to the MLP system now allows only newly qualified PE4PW providers that have registered properly, using a valid NPI and selecting user type “Healthcare Provider” or “Provider Staff,” to see the link to the Computer Based Training (CBT) course “Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women (PE4PW) Program Provider Training Course.”
Providers who are not registered in MLP using a valid NPI and under either Healthcare Provider or Provider Staff user types will no longer be able to see the link to the PE4PW training course in MLP.
Accessing the Training
The computer must pass a connectivity test for providers to access the training.
- Visit the Medi-Cal Learning Portal.
- Click the register link on the top right corner of the page.
- Complete all required fields marked with red asterisk on the registration form.
- Select User Type “Health Care Provider” or “Provider Staff.”
- Enter a valid NPI. You will need to use the same NPI to enroll applicants in the Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women (P4PW) website.
- To complete the registration, enter in the Captcha, click the Accept Terms box, and click the Register button on the bottom right of the page.
- Check your email for login credentials. You will be prompted to update your password after initial login.
- After logging in, navigate to Training, then select eLearning and CBTs.
- Click “Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women (PE4PW) Program Provider Training Course” under Provider Training.
- Take the training and complete the test with 80 percent or higher score.
Providers who are unsure what user type is associated with their account, or who know their user type needs to be changed, should contact the Telephone Service Center (TSC) at 1-800-541-5555 and select Option 4 and then Option 2. A TSC agent will verify whether information is correct and, if necessary, submit a request to update the user profile. User profiles should be updated within 48 hours. Once a profile is updated, the provider can complete the CBT.
Failure to update user profiles to include appropriate user types will delay providers’ ability to help applicants apply for temporary Medi-Cal coverage via the automated PE4PW application.