August 26, 2021
The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) and State Controller’s Office (SCO) have identified a technical issue with the August 26, 2021 checkwrite. SCO will mail the paper Remittance Advice Details (RADs) separately from provider warrants. All RADs will be mailed within four (4) business days of August 26, 2021. Copies of warrant facsimiles will be included with the paper RADs.
The Medi-Cal Checkwrite Schedule itself remains unchanged. Provider warrant release dates and Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) dates of deposit will continue without interruption as published. This delay affects the printed paper RAD and Medi-Cal Financial Summary.
Online PDF RAD and Medi-Cal Financial Summary
Providers who have not yet transitioned to the PDF RAD (which includes the embedded financial summary information) are strongly encouraged to do so at this time.
Benefits of PDF RADs:
- The PDF RAD (and embedded financial summary information) is available earlier than paper RADs and financial summaries.
- The PDF RAD and financial summary contains all the information of paper RADs and financial summaries.
- There is no charge for this online service.
- Up to six calendar weeks of current RADs are available for immediate download. In addition, a historical RAD base has been built, and up to three years of historical RADs are available within one business day of a request.
- Printed versions of the online PDF RADs are adequate to submit as supporting documentation with Claims Inquiry Forms (CIFs) and Appeal Forms.
- You can opt out of receiving paper RADs and help California go green.
Once enrolled, your PDF RAD and Medi-Cal Financial Summary are accessible on the Medi-Cal Provider website under the Transaction Services page. To access the transaction, you must have a signed Medi-Cal Point of Service (POS) Network/Internet Agreement form on file, an NPI and PIN.
If you have any questions regarding PDF RAD access, or completion of the Medi-Cal Point of Service (POS) Network/Internet Agreement, contact the Telephone Service Center (TSC) at 1-800-541-5555.