MCSS Technical Refresh Coming Soon
September 10, 2020
The Medi-Cal Subscription Service (MCSS) solution is undergoing a technical refresh and the new solution will be live September 14, 2020. Deployment activities begin Friday September 11, 2020 and continue through Sunday September 13, 2020. During the deployment window, current subscribers and new users should refrain from updating their profile, subscription preferences or enrolling.
Once the refresh is complete, the existing MCSS subscriber community will:
- Notice a new look and feel when accessing the new site page, sign up form and notifications
- Receive a Welcome email and link pointing to the new site page
- Need to update their profile to include any missing or defaulted data elements (e.g. first name, last name, email, phone number or zip)
- If the first/last name was not previously provided, the last name field will be defaulted to the name of the mailbox (the part before the @ symbol)
- Have the opportunity to update their subscription choices, if desired
New subscribers can begin enrolling as of Monday September 14, 2020.
This upgrade will allow Medi-Cal to expand MCSS capabilities to include additional communication channels, such as SMS text, chat and provider community forums in the future. However, these expanded features will not be available immediately. Once these additional features are available, Medi-Cal will provide more information for both existing and new subscribers.