Fiscal Intermediary Technology Refresh Update
July 16, 2020
As of October 1, 2019, DXC Technology Services, LLC, assumed the Fiscal Intermediary (FI) role supporting the fee-for-service Medi-Cal program on behalf of the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) California Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) Division.
The initial transition in October 2019 was operational in nature and the technical solutions employed by the prior FI remained in use. A secondary transition effort is now underway as DXC prepares to implement several business-oriented technology refreshes from July 2020 onward. As with any refresh, the opportunity to implement state of the art technology and modernize processes is expected to improve accuracy and efficiency for the program.
There are several technological refreshes that are largely transparent to the provider community as they are not provider-facing in nature. These include the following solutions:
- Imaging/Optical Character Recognition (OCR) – Enables the processing of paper documents, including paper Treatment Authorization Requests (TARs), paper claims and correspondence
- Records Repository – Houses the scanned images of paper documents received, including provider correspondence, claims and attachments
- Telecommunications Infrastructure – Structure required to support the call platform and telephony solutions required for customer service call center operations
- Customer Relationship Management – Provider and member contact ticketing solution used to manage, track and measure customer service
- Interactive Voice Response – Voice response solution used to support provider self-service features, including the Automated Eligibility Inquiry Verification (AEVS) and the Provider Telecommunications Network
- Print and Mail – Print and mailing solution for outbound communications, including provider welcome packets and provider letters
- Member Card – Member card production solution for Beneficiary Identification Card (BIC) and Health Access Program (HAP) card production
There are two other technology refreshes that are provider-facing, which have been announced separately in prior Medi-Cal communications:
- Learning Management System – Also known as the Medi-Cal Learning Portal (MLP), this solution manages and houses training for internal and external users (e.g. providers, billers)
- Medi-Cal Subscription Services (MCSS) – Provider/external party solution used to communicate information, such as System Status Alerts, news articles and provider manual updates
As with the initial operational transition, the primary objective is a successful transition without disruption to state programs, providers and/or members (beneficiaries).
DHCS will continue to provide updates as this effort progresses in the coming weeks and months. Please continue to monitor the Medi-Cal provider website for future updates on this topic.