Update to Hospital Presumptive Eligibility Program Application Access
June 23, 2020
Effective for dates of service on or after July 13, 2020, an update to the Medi-Cal Learning Portal (MLP) will require providers and staff who access the Hospital Presumptive Eligibility (HPE) program application portal to use their individual unique email address provided to the MLP when HPE training was completed.
Previously, users had to create a MLP User ID during MLP registration. This will no longer be required. For more information on the updates to MLP, refer to Medi-Cal Learning Portal Upgrade in July 2020.
Providers must continue to complete the HPE training in MLP with a passing score of 80% or more to be granted access to the Hospital Presumptive Eligibility Medi-Cal Application Web Portal. Upon successful completion of the HPE training, access will be granted to the HPE Medi-Cal Application Web Portal by taking the following steps:
- Access the Medi-Cal website at https://www.medi-cal.ca.gov/, go to “Providers” and click on “Transactions”.
- Enter your User ID (National Provider Identifier) and Password (Provider Identification Number) and click the “Submit” button.
- Click the “Programs” tab.
- Click the “HPE Program” link and follow the prompts to access the HPE Medi-Cal application portal.
- Enter the MLP email address as the MLP User ID, and selection a location from the dropdown.
For any questions, contact the Telephone Service Center at 1-800-541-5555 (option 4 followed by option 2) to reach the HPE Program assistance.