System Upgrades Scheduled for May 2020
May 14, 2020
Required system upgrades to the California Medicaid Management Information System (CA-MMIS) are scheduled to take place on May 17, 2020.
Upgrades will begin during an extended maintenance period, which begins at midnight on Sunday, May 17, 2020 and will continue through 5:30 a.m. Sunday, May 17, 2020. Applications are expected to be available during the upgrade window; however, during this window the following applications available through the Transaction Services area of the Medi-Cal website or the CA-SLR website may experience intermittent issues.
- Claim Transactions:
- Pharmacy claims requiring a TAR
- Presumptive Eligibility transactions:
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program (BCCTP)
- Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP)
- Hospital Presumptive Eligibility (HPE)
- Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women (PE4PW)
- TAR transactions:
- Electronic Treatment Authorization Request (eTAR)
- Pharmacy TAR (pTAR) transactions
- Access to State Level Registry (SLR) website
To reduce the impact on providers, upgrades are scheduled during a period when the systems are used less frequently.
A System Status Alert will be posted on the Medi-Cal website before the scheduled system upgrades. The alert will provide additional details, including the anticipated extended maintenance window time frame.
Providers who subscribe to the Medi-Cal Subscription Service (MCSS) and select the “System Status Alert” option will receive an email notification when an alert is posted on the Medi-Cal website. Providers who have not yet subscribed are encouraged to do so by completing the MCSS Subscriber Form.