System Upgrades Scheduled for April 2020
April 17, 2020
Required system upgrades to the California Medicaid Management Information System (CA-MMIS) are scheduled to take place on April 19, 2020. Upgrades will begin during an extended maintenance period, which begins at midnight on Sunday, April 19, 2020, and will continue through 8 a.m. Sunday April 19, 2020. During this window, the following services may not be available:
- Point of Service (POS) network Leased line pharmacy transactions that require a Treatment Authorization Request (TAR);
- Point of Service (POS) network Leased line prior authorizations transactions;
- Pharmacy TARs and electronics TARs;
- Transactions through the “Transaction Services” area of the Medi-Cal website and the Provider Telecommunications Network (PTN) transactions;
- Other applications may also be affected.
To reduce the impact on providers, upgrades are scheduled during a period when the systems are used less frequently.
Providers should refer to the Medi-Cal System Status web page for updates as these applications could be up as early as 5 a.m. Sunday, April 19, 2020.
A System Status Alert will be posted on the Medi-Cal website before the scheduled system upgrades. The alert will provide additional details, including the anticipated extended maintenance window time frame.
Providers who subscribe to the Medi-Cal Subscription Service (MCSS) and select the “System Status Alert” option will receive an email notification when an alert is posted on the Medi-Cal website. Providers who have not yet subscribed are encouraged to do so by completing the MCSS Subscriber Form.