24/7 Free Medi-Nurse Call Line Launches for COVID-19 Questions: (877) 409-9052
July 15, 2020
DHCS has launched a free, 24/7 Medi-Nurse advice line to answer questions about COVID-19 for anyone who:
- does not have insurance, OR
- is a Medi-Cal beneficiary, but does not have a regular doctor or managed care plan to oversee their care.
The nurses who field the questions can help callers:
- understand if their symptoms might be related to COVID-19
- determine whether they need to self-isolate
- decide if they need to see a doctor to get tested and/or treated
- connect with a Medi-Cal provider who can help determine presumptive eligibility for Medi-Cal.
Please inform the people you serve about the new Medi-Nurse line to help them understand more about COVID-19 symptoms, testing, and treatment. Flyers and social media content to share are on the DHCS website (dhcs.ca.gov/medi-nurse).
Medi-Nurse Call Line: (877) 409-9052