New Provider Web Page and Checklist on the Medi-Cal Provider Website
October 29, 2020
The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) encourages new providers to visit its New Provider web page. It was launched simultaneously with its new Medi-Cal Provider website earlier this year.
Medi-Cal’s New Provider web page offers an organized and central location for key information, guided steps, helpful documents and charts, as well as direct links to areas of the Medi-Cal Provider website that a new provider is encouraged to visit to help setup and have a successful future as a provider within the Medi-Cal program.
The New Provider web page is located in the Providers tab on the new Medi-Cal Provider website. The web page includes important information on the following subject matters:
- Billing Basics
- Checkwrite and Remittance Advice Details (RADs)
- Claim Forms and Claim Timeliness (online and paper-based)
- Eligibility and Share of Cost (SOC)
- Links to Medi-Cal Learning Portal (MLP), Medi-Cal Subscription Service (MCSS) and Provider Enrollment
- Provider Publications (including Frequently Asked Questions)
- Provider Training (including Provider Training Seminar information)
- Medi-Cal Key Contacts (Call Center, Regional Representatives and Small Provider Billing Unit)
- Treatment Authorization Requests (TARs) and electronic TARs (eTARs)
In addition, DHCS has developed a New Provider Checklist whereby providers will find a step-by-step checklist for building knowledge and ensuring success as a new provider. Providers are also encouraged to view and utilize the Navigating Medi-Cal and Specialty Programs chart also located on the web page.
Furthermore, providers are encouraged to subscribe to the convenient and free Medi-Cal Subscription Service (MCSS) to receive the latest policy news and program updates that are most relevant to their provider communities and subject areas of interest. Additional information about the MCSS including Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) can be found on the MCSS Help web page.