New Medi-Cal Provider Website: Helpful Tips and First Steps
March 2, 2020
The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) anticipates its new Medi-Cal Provider website will be ready March 23, 2020. Providers and other website users are encouraged to take the following steps once the new website is available:
Take the all-new Web Tour featuring a concise and helpful guide to important and most commonly used areas of the new Medi-Cal Provider website.
Provider Community Tailored Web Pages
Visit the specific provider community web page(s) based on the provider communities you render benefits and services to. Most of your daily informational needs and resources will be located on these tailored community web pages including Medi-Cal news, monthly Medi-Cal Update bulletins, provider manuals, and Featured Links (such as Medi-Cal rates, forms and billing tips).
View the options provided within the new navigation bar located near the top of the new website. This navigation bar includes the following six tabs:
- Providers – Access Provider Enrollment, Transactions, New Provider area, Publications, Outreach & Education and the Medi-Cal Subscription Service (MCSS)
- Beneficiaries – Direct access to critical information specific to Medi-Cal beneficiaries and recipients
- Resources – Access both the Web Tour and System Status Alert web page
- Related – Offers links to eight additional and related websites including:
- Department of Health Care Services
- Covered California
- Family PACT’s program website
- Medi-Cal Dental
- California Department of Aging
- California Department of Public Health
- California Health and Human Services
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Contact Us – Provides important contact information for the following five areas:
- Telephone Service Center
- Automated Phone Center
- Walk-Up Claim Delivery Address
- Cash Control and Written Correspondence
- Out-of-State Provider Support
- Small Provider Billing Unit
- Search – Offers an avenue to directly search the new Medi-Cal Provider website for specific information
Home Page Tiles
At the bottom of the new Medi-Cal website’s home page, there are three tiles, each dedicated to critical areas and accesses for providers. These include the Medi-Cal Learning Portal (MLP), MCSS and Medi-Cal Internet Transactions.
Previously saved bookmarks will need to be replaced once the new Medi-Cal Provider website is launched. It’s recommended that website users bookmark the new web pages they identify as most useful and common to their everyday use.
Lastly, more communications are planned as we approach the targeted implementation date. Providers and other website users are encouraged to subscribe to the free and easy MCSS, if they have not yet signed up. Subscriptions can be tailored to each user’s specific informational needs.