New Provider Web Page Coming Soon to the New Medi-Cal Provider Website
February 26, 2020
The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) will launch a New Provider web page with the upcoming release of its new Medi-Cal Provider website.
This new web page will offer an organized location for critical information, helpful documents and charts, as well as key links that a “new provider” will need to ensure a successful setup and future as a provider within the Medi-Cal program.
The “New Provider” web page will include information on the following critical Medi-Cal subjects:
- Billing Basics
- Checkwrite and Remittance Advice Details (RADs)
- Claim Forms and Claims Timeliness (online and paper-based)
- Eligibility and Share of Cost
- Links to Medi-Cal Learning Portal (MLP), Medi-Cal Subscription Service (MCSS) and Provider Enrollment
- Provider Publications (including Frequently Asked Questions)
- Provider Training (including Provider Training Seminar links)
- Medi-Cal Key Contacts (Call Center, Regional Representatives, Small Provider Billing Unit)
- Treatment Authorization Requests (TARs) and electronic TARs (eTARS)
DHCS projects a spring 2020 launch. It is recommended that providers continually check the current Medi-Cal website for updates. Providers are also encouraged to subscribe to the convenient and free Medi-Cal Subscription Service (MCSS) to ensure they receive the latest policy news and program updates immediately and regularly.