Listed below are answers to questions that subscribers may have about MCSS.
What is the Medi-Cal Subscription Service (MCSS) and why subscribe?
MCSS is a subscription service, free of charge, that enables anyone to subscribe and receive links to Medi-Cal news, Medi-Cal Update bulletins and/or System Status Alerts via email.
MCSS subscribers can choose to receive one or more of the following:
- Medi-Cal Update – monthly bulletins containing the latest program and policy news
- Medi-Cal NewsFlash – news that is time sensitive, critical and/or affects a large number of subscribers
- System Status Alerts – alerts related to current and/or future system outages
How do providers and other interested persons subscribe to MCSS?
Providers and other interested persons can subscribe to MCSS in the following way:
- Go to the MCSS Subscriber Form page
- Enter your name, email address, ZIP code and phone number, click “Next”, then select your subscription by selecting subject areas for NewsFlash announcements, Medi-Cal Update bulletins and/or System Status Alerts
- Click “Submit” at the bottom of the page
Subscribers may choose as many subject matters of interest as they wish.
No other action is required. Subscribers will begin receiving email notifications with links to News articles, Medi-Cal Update bulletins and/or System Status Alerts based on their preferences.
How can subscribers ensure they will receive emails from MCSS?
Subscribers should add the MCSS email address to their contacts or use their email settings to add do-not-reply_MCSSCalifornia@gainwelltechnologies.com to their safe senders list.
Medi-Cal has identified some frequently used email domains and resources on how to manage your approved senders list:
Subscribers who have alternative email domains not listed above (for example, @companyname.com), should defer to their company’s IT group or the email provider they use for their business, to ensure MCSSCalifornia@gainwelltechnologies.com is listed as an approved sender.
How often will subscribers receive emails from MCSS?
Subscribers will receive emails based on their subscription selections. The list below provides a schedule for each selection.
- Medi-Cal NewsFlash: Subscribers will receive an email notification when articles pertaining to their selected subject matters are published in the NewsFlash area of the Medi-Cal website’s home page. These articles may post at any time throughout the month.
- Medi-Cal Update bulletins: Subscribers will receive a monthly email for each selected subject matter (provider community) when the bulletins are posted to the provider website. For example, if a subscriber selects “all bulletins”, they will receive 27 separate emails during the middle of the each month and one additional email at the end of each month, for the Pharmacy community.
- Medi-Cal Updates post on the 16th of the month, or the next earliest business day, if the 16th falls on a holiday or a weekend.
- System Status Alerts: Subscribers will receive an email notification when an alert is posted to the System Status page of the Medi-Cal website. These alerts may post at any time throughout the month.
How do subscribers unsubscribe from MCSS?
Click on the “Unsubscribe” link available in the footer of an MCSS email.
How do returning subscribers reactivate an MCSS subscription using an email address from which they have previously unsubscribed to MCSS?
If a subscriber unsubscribes, then they will need to go to the MCSS Subscriber Form
page and re-subscribe as a new subscriber.
How do subscribers update an email address or a ZIP code or add/remove subject matters of interest?
To edit the profile or preferences, use the links in the footer of the most recent MCSS email you have received. Only the most recent MCSS email will properly update subscription preferences.
Can subscribers access the Manage Your Email Subscriptions and Profile page from a location other than an email?
The Manage Your Email Subscriptions and Profile page link is in the footer section of all MCSS emails and is the only way to update an MCSS profile. Only use the most recent MCSS email sent to properly update subscription preferences.
Do not use the MCSS Subscriber Form to update an email address, a ZIP code, a subscriber type or to add/remove subject matters of interest. The Form is only for new subscribers.
What should subscribers do if they are unable to click on the links provided in MCSS emails?
If subscribers are unable to click on the links provided in MCSS emails, it is possible that the links have been disabled because the email client is not configured to receive emails in HTML format. Subscribers should consult with their organization’s Information Technology (IT) Services department to remedy the issue.
Who do subscribers contact for additional help with MCSS?
Subscribers should call the Telephone Service Center (TSC) at 1-800-541-5555
for additional assistance.