FQHC/RHC/IHS-MOA Code Conversion Readiness Checklist
September 20, 2017
The following checklist has been prepared in anticipation of the Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC), Rural Health Clinics (RHC) and Indian Health Services/Memorandum of Agreement (IHS-MOA) code conversion. This is intended to be a general guide, not a comprehensive project plan for providers. Medi-Cal recommends that providers use this checklist as a guideline to prepare themselves for the scheduled code conversion implementation on October 1, 2017.
|Getting Ready for the FQHC/RHC/IHS-MOA Transition: Plan, Communicate and Review
Requires Immediate Attention
|FQHC/RHC/IHS-MOA Transition and Testing
(July 2017 to
- Conduct training with clinicians and coders.
- Review past denial and billing issues.
- Develop a back-up plan for continuing operation if a critical system fails or has any problems during code conversion implementation.
- Create a plan for post code conversion implementation.
- Identify goals and develop a strategy to undertake the transition.
- Keep concise and consistent messages as a part of a communication strategy to educate stakeholders (upper management, IT staff and other transitory staff).
- Test in-house changes made for the transition.
- A new test must be submitted when software is upgraded or the submission method changes for CMC. Submitters may test status for HIPAA-related compliant claims transactions through the Medi-Cal test site.
- Report any testing issues to the CMC Help Desk at1-800-541-5555, and select the option “Point of Service (POS), Internet, Laboratory Services Reservation System (LSRS) and CMC inquiries.”
Recommended Start Date: July 2017
- Revisit and conduct a test of the back-up plan to remain operational in case the implementation of the FQHC/RHC/IHS-MOA code conversion poses any problems.
- Resolve any problems/issues that may arise during testing that could have been overlooked.
- Enact the code conversion communication plan.
- GO-LIVE: Implement the code conversion by October 1, 2017.
|Completing the FQHC/RHC/IHS-MOA Transition and Post Compliancy
(Must be completed by October 1, 2017)
- Complete the code conversion implementation full compliance: October 1, 2017. Codes are required for services provided on or after October 1, 2017.
- Monitor any errors as they occur.
- If you are receiving denials, make sure to bill with the correct revenue codes.
- Report any ongoing issues to email@example.com