1. Updated Policy for Palivizumab for the 2021–2022 RSV Season
Effective for dates of services on or after August 19, 2021, and continuing for the 2021–2022 respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) season only, county RSV positivity data for the time period reflecting the administered dose of Palivizumab (CPT® code 90378 [respiratory syncytial virus, monoclonal antibody, recombinant, for intramuscular use, 50 mg, each]) is no longer required to be accompanied with a Treatment Authorization Request (TAR) for doses submitted outside the time period of a typical RSV season such as 2019–2020. Additional information can be found below.
|Chronic Dialysis Clinics
Clinics and Hospitals
|immun (62, 64)
2. Medi-Cal Rates Adjustment
Effective for dates of service on or after October 1, 2021, Medi-Cal rates have been adjusted to adhere to requirements mandated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
The updated Medi-Cal rates are available on the Medi-Cal Rates page.
3. Get the Latest Medi-Cal News: Subscribe to MCSS Today
The Medi-Cal Subscription Service (MCSS) is a free service that keeps you up-to-date on the latest Medi-Cal news. Subscribers receive subject-specific emails shortly after urgent announcements and other updates post on the Medi-Cal website.
Subscribing is simple and free!
- Go to the MCSS Subscriber Form
- Enter your email address and ZIP code and select a subscriber type
- Customize your subscription by selecting subject areas for NewsFlash announcements, Medi-Cal Update bulletins and/or System Status Alerts
After submitting the form, a welcome email will be sent to the provided email address. If you are unable to locate the welcome email in your inbox, check your junk email folder.
For more information about MCSS, please visit the MCSS Help page.
4. Provider Manual Revisions
Pages updated due to ongoing provider manual revisions:
Download PDF (Portable Document Format) reader from the Web Tool Box