On July 14, 2022, a newsflash titled “Paper RADs And No Pay Documents Will No Longer Be Mailed Due To Supply Chain Issues” was published. Paper Remittance Advice Details (RADs), Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) and No Pay documents were previously expected to discontinue effective July 18, 2022, however the State Controller’s Office (SCO) will continue printing until the supply is consumed.
The Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) still plans to end mailed RADs and No Pay documents in the future. Providers who have not yet transitioned to the PDF RADs (which includes the embedded financial summary information) are strongly encouraged to do so at this time.
Benefits of PDF RADs:
- The PDF RAD (and embedded financial summary information) is available earlier than paper RADs and financial summaries.
- The PDF RADs and financial summary contains all the information of paper RADs and financial summaries.
- There is no charge for this online service.
- Up to six calendar weeks of current RADs are available for immediate download. In addition, a historical RAD base has been built, and up to three years of historical RADs are available within one business day of a request.
- Printed versions of the online PDF RADs are adequate to submit as supporting documentation with Claims Inquiry Forms (CIFs) and Appeal Forms.
- Help California go green by no longer receiving paper RADs.
Online PDF RADs and Medi-Cal Financial Summary Enrollment Instructions:
Quick & Easy Access:
- Log in to your Medi-Cal account on the Medi-Cal Providers website under the Transactions tab. (Providers must have a signed Med-Cal Point of Service [POS] Network/Internet Agreement form on file)
- Click on the “Other” tab
- Click on the “Remittance Advice Detail (RAD)” link
Once enrolled, the PDF RAD and Medi-Cal Financial Summary are accessible on the Medi-Cal Providers website under the Transaction Services page. To access the transaction, providers must have a signed Medi-Cal Point of Service (POS) Network/Internet Agreement form on file, an NPI and PIN.
For any questions regarding PDF RAD access or completion of the Medi-Cal Point of Service (POS) Network/Internet Agreement, contact the Telephone Service Center (TSC) at 1-800-541-5555.