1. New NDC for Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
Moderna has introduced a new National Drug Code (NDC), 80777027315, for their coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccine. Medi-Cal will accept and adjudicate pharmacy claims for dates of service on or after April 1, 2021, that use this NDC when billing for the administration of either dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine web page is updated to reflect this change. All other billing policy, regardless of NDC billed, remains unchanged.
2. Get the Latest Medi-Cal News: Subscribe to MCSS Today
The Medi-Cal Subscription Service (MCSS) is a free service that keeps you up-to-date on the latest Medi-Cal news. Subscribers receive subject-specific emails shortly after urgent announcements and other updates post on the Medi-Cal website.
Subscribing is simple and free!
- Go to the MCSS Subscriber Form
- Enter your email address and ZIP code and select a subscriber type
- Customize your subscription by selecting subject areas for NewsFlash announcements, Medi-Cal Update bulletins and/or System Status Alerts
After submitting the form, a welcome email will be sent to the provided email address. If you are unable to locate the welcome email in your inbox, check your junk email folder.
For more information about MCSS, please visit the MCSS Help page.
Download PDF (Portable Document Format) reader from the Web Tool Box