Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Beneficiary News
- Billing Tips
- Claim Form Updates
- CMC Submission
- Contract Drug List
- DUR Main Menu
- EPC Letters
- Fraud and Abuse
- LTC Rates Schedule
- Medi-Cal Comment Forum
- Medi-Cal Rates
- Medical Supplies Billing Requirements
- Medi-Cal & Telehealth
- Office of Health Information Technology
- Ordering, Referring and Prescribing (ORP)
- P/DCL List
- Provider Enrollment
- Provider-Preventable Conditions
- Quality and Accountability Supplemental Payment (QASP) Program
- Related Sites
- Suspended and Ineligible Provider List
- System Replacement Archives
- Technical Publications
- User Guides
Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women: Computer Based Training
On March 15, 2017, the Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women (PE4PW) computer based training (CBT) will be available on the Medi-Cal Learning Portal (MLP).
The training helps Qualified Providers use the newly automated Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women Program Application (MC 263) to grant immediate, temporary Medi-Cal coverage for applicants who think they are pregnant, and who meet PE4PW program qualifications.
PE4PW participating providers must complete this training before access to the MC 263 is granted.
New MLP users must register to obtain a user account. During MLP registration, the user must select “Healthcare Provider” or “Provider Staff” as the type of user, and provide a National Provider Identifier (NPI) before taking the PE4PW training.
Existing MLP users must verify their user profile upon log in to ensure the type of user is either “Healthcare Provider” or “Provider Staff” and ensure their NPI is associated with the user account. If the user profile has a type of user other than the two mentioned, the user must update the profile before taking the PE4PW training.
Failure to update user profiles to include appropriate user types will delay providers’ access to the provider training, and their ability to help applicants apply for temporary Medi-Cal via the automated PE4PW application.
To obtain credit for the course and to receive an online certificate immediately upon completion of the course, participants should view the presentation, answer the multiple-choice test questions contained within the presentation and complete the online evaluation form.Note:
The computer must pass the connection test for the provider to be able to access the training.
To access the module, providers should:
- Visit the Medi-Cal Learning Portal.
- Click the login link in the upper right corner to log in using an existing account, or click the register link to create an account.
- After logging in, navigate to Training, then select eLearning and CBTs (Computer Based Training).
- Click “Presumptive Eligibility for Pregnant Women (PE4PW) Program Provider Training” under Provider Training.
Providers must pass the training with a score of 80 percent or higher.