- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Beneficiary News
- Billing Tips
- Claim Form Updates
- CMC Submission
- Contract Drug List
- DUR Main Menu
- EPC Letters
- Fraud and Abuse
- LTC Rates Schedule
- Medi-Cal Comment Forum
- Medi-Cal Rates
- Medical Supplies Billing Requirements
- Medi-Cal & Telehealth
- Office of Health Information Technology
- Ordering, Referring and Prescribing (ORP)
- P/DCL List
- Provider Enrollment
- Provider-Preventable Conditions
- Quality and Accountability Supplemental Payment (QASP) Program
- Related Sites
- Suspended and Ineligible Provider List
- System Replacement Archives
- Technical Publications
- User Guides
A list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) was developed for the National Provider Identifier (NPI) project to address common questions and concerns of Medi-Cal providers.
For additional questions regarding NPI, contact the Telephone Service Center (TSC) at 1-800-541-5555. To view questions and answers, click on a category that best describes your needs:
To view questions and answers, click on a category that best describes your needs:
This category includes general questions about NPI, atypical providers, provider enrollment, taxonomy and subparts.
- Billing/Claims Processing
This category includes FAQs about hard copy or electronic claim submission.
- NPI Application/National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES)
This category includes FAQs about providers that are required to apply for an NPI.