- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Beneficiary News
- Billing Tips
- Claim Form Updates
- CMC Submission
- Contract Drug List
- DUR Main Menu
- EPC Letters
- Fraud and Abuse
- LTC Rates Schedule
- Medi-Cal Comment Forum
- Medi-Cal Rates
- Medical Supplies Billing Requirements
- Medi-Cal & Telehealth
- Office of Health Information Technology
- Ordering, Referring and Prescribing (ORP)
- P/DCL List
- Provider Enrollment
- Provider-Preventable Conditions
- Quality and Accountability Supplemental Payment (QASP) Program
- Related Sites
- Suspended and Ineligible Provider List
- System Replacement Archives
- Technical Publications
- User Guides
Billing Tips: Pharmacy Claims
Instructions for completing the Metric Quantity fields (Boxes 13, 32, 51 and 70 as applicable).
- Enter the quantity of the entire amount dispensed and being billed on the claim.
- Quantities must be in metric decimal format.
- Do not include a decimal in either of the two boxes of the Metric Quantity field or the claim will be returned.
- The “Decimal” field must include trailing zeros, for a total of three digits.
- Do not use measurement units, such as “Gm” or “cc”.
- Entries should properly align within their intended fields.
Example 1: For a 2.5 Gm ointment, providers should enter “2” in the Whole Units box and “500” in the Decimal box.
Example 2: For three, 2.5 cc ampules, providers should enter “7” in the Whole Units box and “500” in the Decimal box (3 x 2.5 = 7.5).
Example 3: For an 8 cc ampule with no decimal numbers, providers are still required enter three zeros in the Decimal box.
If you have any questions, please call the Telephone Service Center (TSC) at 1-800-541-5555.
If you cannot view the MS Word or PDF (Portable Document Format) documents correctly, please visit the Web Tool Box to link to a download site for the appropriate reader.