- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Beneficiary News
- Billing Tips
- Claim Form Updates
- CMC Submission
- Contract Drug List
- DUR Main Menu
- EPC Letters
- Fraud and Abuse
- LTC Rates Schedule
- Medi-Cal Comment Forum
- Medi-Cal Rates
- Medical Supplies Billing Requirements
- Medi-Cal & Telehealth
- Office of Health Information Technology
- Ordering, Referring and Prescribing (ORP)
- P/DCL List
- Provider Enrollment
- Provider-Preventable Conditions
- Quality and Accountability Supplemental Payment (QASP) Program
- Related Sites
- Suspended and Ineligible Provider List
- System Replacement Archives
- Technical Publications
- User Guides
Billing Tips: Eligibility
Remittance Advice Details (RAD) Claim DenialsRAD code 0002: Recipient is not eligible for the benefits under the Medi-Cal program or other special programs.
- Verify the recipient’s 14-character ID number with a valid Medi-Cal Benefits Identification Card (BIC) prior to rendering service, except in an emergency.
- Check the recipient’s date of birth and the issue date of the BIC.
- Refer to the Eligibility: Recipient Identification Cards section in Part 1 provider manual.
If you cannot view the MS Word or PDF (Portable Document Format) documents correctly, please visit the Web Tool Box to link to a download site for the appropriate reader.